This month sees the triumphant return of London’s most famous bear – Paddington. The well-meaning and well-loved bear created by Michael Bond stars in a new film which is due to reach cinema screens on the 28th of November.
- Sherlock Bear – Designed by Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch and in place at the Museum of London, this Paddington has adopted the famous detective’s deerstalker hat.
- Paddington Who – Designed by Doctor Who star Peter Capaldi, this Paddington’s duffel coat is painted to look like the Doctor’s TARDIS. Fittingly for a time-travelling bear, he’s in place at Greenwich on the Prime Meridian line – the point from which time is officially measured.
- The Journey of Marmalade – Designed by Hugh Bonneville, who stars in the new movie, this Paddington is a tribute to the bear’s love of marmalade. He’s in Hyde Park, keeping a nose out for marmalade sandwiches.
- Gravity Bear – Designed by Sandra Bullock, star of the award-winning film Gravity. This Paddington is ready to explore space from his position inside the Royal Observatory at Greenwich.
- Paddington – The classic Paddington Bear, as designed by his creator Michael Bond. He is found, naturally enough, at Paddington station, the place where he was found and from which he took his name.
Whichever Paddington you prefer, there is also an opportunity for you to own one – the 50 bears will be auctioned off by Christie’s at the end of the event with bids starting at £500 and all proceeds going to the NSPCC.
If you’re planning a trip to London this November, the Swinton Hotel is one of the best cheap Kings Cross hotels available, giving you affordable and comfortable accommodation for your stay. For more information, to check availability or to make a booking, call us on 020 7837 1451 or email email@example.com.